WE CHALLENGE YOU!
UPDATE! The registration period has been extended to 20th September 2017!!
WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT
The Know-Center is organizing the first Data Science Challenge of the year! Sponsored by T-Mobile Austria and co-organized by Materials Center Leoben we invite students and experts to compete as teams or individuals in this exciting challenge in the field of data science leading up to the annual i-KNOW data-driven future conference. After the announcement of the challenge on 11th September 2017 all participants can use the three weeks up to 1st October 2017 to submit their developed code and solution proposal.
The highlight of our challenge will be the award ceremony at this year’s i-KNOW 2017 conference in Graz.
We aim to offer an opportunity to all brilliant minds to compete by working on complex, data-centered solutions in the context of Data Science and Machine Learning. The challenge provides an excellent chance for young students in the fields of software development, computer science, telematics, applied mathematics and data science as well as motivated practitioners to demonstrate their expertise and improve their problem solving skills. At the same time, they can present themselves as potential candidate and future data scientist to sponsors, as well as organizations.
Powered by our sponsor T-Mobile Austria, we will reward attractive cash prizes to the best submissions, as well as giving you free admission and the possibility to present your solution at the i-KNOW 2017 conference.
1st place: EUR 1.000,–
2nd place: EUR 500,–
3rd place: EUR 250,–
From 10th July 2017 onwards, we will officially open registration for the Data Science Challenge. To register, please fill out and submit the form at https://i-know.tugraz.at/data-science-challenge/. Further details regarding the conditions of participation can be found at the end of this article.
The deadline for registration is 10th September 2017. The following day, 11th September 2017, 12:00 AM (MEZ) we will reveal the assignment together with the required data sets, as well as the submission modalities on our website. Through this the starting signal for the Data Science Challenge in itself will be given.
You will then have time until 1st October 2017, 11:59 PM (MEZ) to prepare, edit and submit your solutions.
We hope to inspire and motivate you to participate in our Data Science Challenge and are looking forward to share further details with you along the way. Please don’t hesitate to direct any questions regarding the Data Science Challenge at email@example.com.
Conditions of Participation
- Cash conversion of rewards is not possible.
- Recourse to the courts is not permitted.
- Any natural person having attained 18 years of age is eligible to participate. Individuals as well as teams of up to four individuals are permitted.
- Participation is possible only during the period of participation from 11th September 2017 12:00 AM (MEZ) up until 1st October 2017 11:59 PM (MEZ).
- Prize winners will be notified by the organizers via E-Mail or phone.
- Determination of the winners will be conducted by a professional jury consisting of employees of Know-Center as well as Material Center Leoben. The awarding ceremony takes place at the i-KNOW 2017 conference (winners not able to visit Graz also have the possibility to participate through video link/Skype).
- The top five individual participants or teams will receive free admission to the i-KNOW 2017 conference.
- By participating in the Data Science Challenge the competitors agree to the internal use of their personal data within the scope of this contest as well as the publication of their photographs on the website and media of operator of the Data Science Challenge as well as advertising media used by the operator.
- Furthermore, prize winners agree to the publication of their name(s) and town of residence on the website of the operator and advertising media used by the operator.
- Know-Center will in no case transfer or pass on personal data of participants to third parties for further use without prior consent. Participants are able to retract their consent for the internal use of their personal data at all times through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participation in the i-KNOW Data Science Challenge is free of charge.
- Employees of Know-Center, Material Center Leoben as well as T-Mobile Austria are not allowed to participate.
- Know-Center hereby explicitly reserves the right to cancel the Data Science Challenge without prior notice and without stating reasons.